Board of Trustees
The mission of the Board of the Public Employees Retirement Association is to preserve, protect, and administer the trust to meet its current and future obligations and provide quality services to Association members.
PERA is governed by a 12-member Board of Trustees. The Board is comprised of:
- Four members under a state coverage plan elected by state members;
- Three members under a municipal coverage plan elected by municipal members;
- One municipal member employed by a county elected by municipal members;
- Two retired members elected by PERA retirees;
- The Secretary of State (ex officio); and
- The State Treasurer (ex officio).
The Board of Trustees appoints an Executive Director, who manages PERA's agency operations.